Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yuba Park!

We are so glad it is finally summer!! Time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. This was our first camping trip of the year. We went to Yuba State Park. Which was great for the beach and water play... but we had the hardest spot of gravel for camping. I was up at 4:30 AM that morning, and my girls were up by 6:30. Which was the perfect time to wake Auntie Adrian to come play with us!!
This is us learning how to fish. Dept of Natural Resources was teaching the kids how to fish and they gave Kaylin and Lexy their very own fishing pole.

Of course, the pole was bigger than Lexy!

Kaylin whacked several innocent bystanders with her weapon...*cough* fishing pole. But we had a lot of fun!Even I caught my very first fish!! I even used a real worm on my hook! eeewwwy! (Don't mind the silly grin, I was probably more excited than the kids to catch my first fish)


And of course all the fun on the beach!
We forgot to put a swim diaper on Lexy and so by the end of the day her diaper was dragging her poor bum down.However, the story ends unhappily... We all ended up with the worst sunburns and had to beg Grandma and Grandpa Anderson to let us stay the night in Oak City!

No comments:

Post a Comment